On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Alex McLintock wrote:

> Do people recommend those glue on rings and the equivalent of bike chains?

Funny you should say that.  I've just got my hands on one of these chain
things that you use to secure a laptop by connecting it to the tiny chain
port at the back of the thing.

As an assessment I'd say it'll stop the opportunist thief, but it wouldn't
stand up for five minutes to someone who knew what they were doing -
though it might slow them down for a bit.

As I say, it's just a measure to deter the casual thief.  Anything more
and they'll

 a) be clued up enough to remove such a pathetic security measure

 b) break the damn thing trying.

Invest in insurance and good backups?

Mark.

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              [EMAIL PROTECTED]