>> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:15:19, Brad Bollenbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

   > So my question is, if you can get a decent enough website going
   > to make thousands and thousands of people click on a "Send"
   > button (Hotmail) or a "Google Search" button, how then do you
   > have any hope of actually making money off that?

I'm going to go with a tentative no.  People traditionally pay for
banner clicks because they link through to their site.  If the button
links through to them and you're getting a few hundred thousand
impressions per month, and can provide a demographic for your users, you
can start to make worthwhile money.  If they're just.. clicking on a
button on your site, doing something there, I don't see why someone
wants to give you money.  Unless you run big banner ads, and your users
don't all ignore them.  Etc.

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris@void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a