Tim Sweetman wrote:
> As I understand it, _the_ key difference between H::T and the other
> "templating" systems available, is flow of control and data.

No, one of the key difference is that H::T *enforces* that model.
With TT (and others) it's optional.

Sometimes I use TT very strictly, and sometimes I use it for quick hacks.
I prefer to have the choice, as well as the the inherent responsibility that
comes with that.  I don't want the designer of my template system (even
if that person is me) thinking that he knows best about every possible
situation in which I might use that tool.

Pragmatism not dogmatism.

> (and not worth mudwrestling over).

There are few things in life that aren't worth mud wrestling over.   :-)