Andy Wardley wrote:

> Tim Sweetman wrote:
> > As I understand it, _the_ key difference between H::T and the other
> > "templating" systems available, is flow of control and data.
>
> No, one of the key difference is that H::T *enforces* that model.
> With TT (and others) it's optional.

Whatever I've seen of TT makes it look very like a scripting language.
Even when using it very strictly, you might well be doing things like
this:

[% foo.bar %]

... which, should foo have been an object, results in ->bar being called
(flow of control going back to the template).

Object instances going to the wrong place can ruin your whole day, viz.
Q: How many OO Perl programmers does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Foo::Bar=HASH(0x804e054)

It may well be that H::T implements a tiny subset of what TT does, which
sounds like an argument in favour of using TT, perhaps with a
Paranoid::TemplateToolkit wrapper to suit (main worry here being other
programmers extemporising on large projects, with unpredictable
consequences).

Darn, I'm turning into a TT advocate.

Cheers

--
Tim Sweetman |  http://www.thebunker.net/
A L Digital  |  "*squeak*" --- Kate Bush, "Withering Hertz"