* Simon Wistow ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Play nice children, and do try to get along. Otherwise we're no better
> than Java programmers. [X0]
>
> [X0] he says, working on the "Give everybodsy a common enemy and they'll
> get along school of management" [X1]

scarily this isn't too bad a suggestion[2], if we were to look at who
our `enemies' were, they would more likely be Java and C++ ---
``Higher''[1] Level Languages that do not embrace the dynamic nature
of Perl, and our allies PHP and Python.

I do not see C as an enemy as I think it occupies an entirely
different problem space, however Java is exactly in the area where
Perl is excellent, imho, ymmv, idrciyd

Greg

[1] Than C and Pascal at least
[2] And I'm not joking.