On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 02:29:45PM +0000, Leon Brocard wrote:
> Consider this a small survey.
>
> Do you use Perl 5.8.0? Why?

I use 5.8.0 for development at work, and am currently
checking everything we use Perl for in production (They're
mainly a Java house) to check we're going to have no
problems moving to 5.8.0 on live machines.

The main reason we're moving to 5.8.0 is because I'm finally
managing to slap sufficient people at work with the 'Use
modules, dammit, and unit-testing isn't just for Java'
stick.  Would be nice to keep things up to date so they
don't have to check each module will work on the somewhat
vintage version currently there.

Don't want them put off by silly incompatibilities here.

Paul Golds