On 27/11/2002 at 14:29 +0000, Leon Brocard wrote:
The latest, most-tested-ever, stable version of Perl, version 5.8.0
was released on 18th July 2002, which is a while ago. We use it at
work for development and on the new production servers. I don't use it
on my personal colo box (it has so much stuff running it'd be a pain
to update).
Despite the fact theproject (the colo box I share with a few other london.pm/ #london.pm types) uses a fair bit of perl, we did actually (mainly) migrate to 5.8.0 last week. Apart from the fact that DB_File didn't want to build (because I couldn't figure out where the hell to point it towards the DB library), and the fact we hadn't got all our perl modules installed yet.

However, we're leaving 5.6.1 installed as well, and there are a couple of things that are specifically using that so they don't have the DB_File problems noted above.

--
:: paul
:: we're like crystal