On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> > I have one, somewhere, that I wrote in my more innocent years... I would
> > have started reworking it already as I'm needing one currently... but the
> > lack of crypt() on the machine hosting the site put me off that.  If you
>
> Why don't you just post it?

I did have a quick look before posting, but couldn't see it.  Also, it
existed before my knowledge of: modules, strict, warnings, complex data
structures (and possibly several other things) in perl.  I'll rummage
further through my archived gubbins though, at one stage it was actual,
live, production code so I hope it hasn't completely vanished, it should
at least remind me of a few gotchas and clever things.

> No, the "edit" is the magic word here. I want a web interface so admins
> & users can f*ck things up for themselves without relying on me to f*ck
> things up for them.

Sounds strangely familiar.

> I'm going to do something that involves loading the file into a scalar
> and then s///ing it with more traditional OO interface semantics.

Strangely familiar, too.  I'll add it to my list of things I really should
do, and see who gets the tuit first (I really need to get some of my
barcode stuff prettied up, and would very much like to get perl XFrisk
modules, so I can write AIs for it in perl, too)  Unless slackware 9 hits
the shelf shortly, in which case said server shall get an upgrade/
reinstall of immense scariness, and thus I'll be able to use the .ht*
editting stuff on the site I want to use it on.

the hatter