> If you've never heard of grep, glob, split, local/gmtime,  unlink,
> STDIN, ARGV, ... or seen a regular expression, it's all pretty
> bewildering.   Even if you have, there's all the chop/chomp/splice/...
> cuteness to confuse.

This seems to be a recurring theme - regular expressions are hard. This
is not my experience. After QBasic, Perl was the first language I
learned, and regular expressions were a topic I found very easy (and
there were plenty of topics I found hard, I'm sure). I wonder why it is
some people find regexes such a mind-twister.

+Pete

--
A man of genius has been seldom ruined but by himself.
 -- Samuel Johnson