Ali Young [EMAIL PROTECTED] quoth:
*>
*>For some reason, I hadn't really put much thought into the fact that
*>"monks" implied a male-only group in that context. Cue rerun of Life of
*>Brian.
*>
*>I can't imagine wanting to join a "for the girls" Perl group, since I've
*>not met anyone in any Perlmongers group that has made any negative,
*>patronising or surprised comments about the fact that I'm a girl who does
*>Perl. In my experience, it's only non-techies that get shocked by it.

It was a joke...a Catholic joke :) Given all the other religious and
cult-like features of perl, it was simply poking fun. No, the sisters of
the Sacred Perl never said a single novena nor sang gregorian chant for
the betterment of perl, but we did try to have a little fun :)

*>Besides, "mongeress" just sounds silly.

Well, so does monger for that matter. :) Hey, guy, wanna fish?!

e.