I guess some of you have thought about licensing issues, so might be able to help me.

I have some code that can't be included in the Debian project because it doesn't work
without some bundled data. The bundled data is free (as in beer), but has a
non-Debian-compliant license (it cannot be used to spam people).

I can avoid bundling the data by having a second program that does know about the data
write the program I wish to distribute. A bit tortuous, but if it avoids the licensing
clash, probably worth the effort. But does it avoid the licensing clash?

--nwetters