From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Joel M. Halpern
<j...@joelhalpern.com>
Sent: 16 June 2021 21:46

This document (and the code point) are intended to be in line with 5309.
  I believe they are.  If we got it wrong, please help us fix it.

A reference would be reasonable to add.  (The IANA entry for the code
point does reference 5309.)

<tp>
which confused me as RFC5309 has no IANA considerations and no reference to
303.  I understand how this is so but think that this I-D could explain this.
I think that the I-D is wrong to ask IANA to perform an update - the update has
happened.

What would help would be for this I-D to explain that the allocation was made
by Expert Review and to ask that IANA update the reference to point to this I-D
and then this I-D can point back to RFC5309.  This is almost an updates to 5309
as it give a value to the specification - I can see the IESG having fun with
that concept but I would go for it.

I think too that this I-D should reference and build on RFC5309.  At present it
looks like an Unused Ref.

Tom Petch

Thank you,
Joel