Tom, I am not sure what you mean by "the update has happened"> The code point has been assigned. Assuming this document becomes an RFC, it will be significantly clearer if the 303 code point IANA entry points at this for information instead of 5309. So this document requests that update.

Yours,
Joel

On 6/18/2021 7:47 AM, tom petch wrote:
From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Joel M. Halpern
<j...@joelhalpern.com>
Sent: 16 June 2021 21:46

This document (and the code point) are intended to be in line with 5309.
   I believe they are.  If we got it wrong, please help us fix it.

A reference would be reasonable to add.  (The IANA entry for the code
point does reference 5309.)

<tp>
which confused me as RFC5309 has no IANA considerations and no reference to
303.  I understand how this is so but think that this I-D could explain this.
I think that the I-D is wrong to ask IANA to perform an update - the update has
happened.

What would help would be for this I-D to explain that the allocation was made
by Expert Review and to ask that IANA update the reference to point to this I-D
and then this I-D can point back to RFC5309.  This is almost an updates to 5309
as it give a value to the specification - I can see the IESG having fun with
that concept but I would go for it.

I think too that this I-D should reference and build on RFC5309.  At present it
looks like an Unused Ref.

Tom Petch

Thank you,
Joel