* Shane Kennedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010927 17:28]:
>   I am currently developing my own box which will carry an ATX Flex board in
> a very small package(W14",D8 3/4,H2 1/2) with an optional clip on "cable
> tidy" cover if you want the connectors to the front.  I am likely to make
> the box/PSU available for nominally over cost ($100?) to LTSP subscribers,
> partly to do my bit to undermine MS, but mostly, because the LTSP, and
> etherboot groups have been very free with their time in helping me.  I will
> also have one slightly higher to take a CD/DVD, Fdd, and Hdd (Server ?).

Have you considered placing two motherboards in the box?  A decent
power supply should be able to power two diskless workstations, and
you could even include convenience AC outlets on the back for the
monitors.  One box between each two monitors, with fewer power cords,
would be very handy for schools and cybercafes and reduce the cost
of the workstations.  Each mobo could be mounted to one side of the
box, with most connectors in the back.  I had thought of placing the
power supply on the bottom, for a low center of gravity.

Also, are your boxes shipping from Ireland?  US?  Both?  Another
advantage of the two-in-one boxes would be reduced cost of shipping.

--
Jan Wilson, SysAdmin     _/*];          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Corozal Junior College   |  |:'  corozal.com corozal.bz