"Egan, Matt B. (Artco)" wrote:

> Make your own! If you have the time and resources it would save you money
> and you would ensure A-Quality B- Compatbility C- you could make it look
> however you want. Or check out the disklessworkstations available at well I
> can't remember the URL for them but they do diskless clients.
>
> Also if you weren't interested in look go to google and do a search for used
> workstations you can purchase a crate load of workstations from large
> companies at around 100 bucks a seat you can't be sure what video solution
> is used in these but you can always grab a PCI video card for 20 bucks.
>
> Good luck
>
> Matt Egan
> Artco
> Ext 7771

Try www.computergeeks.com for cheap base boxes. I builts some pretty good
diskless nodes for my seti@home farm for about $150 from stuff over there
and I was looking to run LOCAL_APPS. You can surf Ebay for bargain basement
stuff or check www.pricewatch.com
--
Crayne's law: All computers wait at the same speed.