Horst,

I checked the niclist file, and that card should be automatically
identified.

But, it requires the IO= setting in dhcpd.conf, option-129.

The problem is that there are some versions of Etherboot that don't pass
the kernel
commandline options properly.  I think it has to do with using an older
version
of Etherboot (Pre 5.0.0) with newer versions of mknbi (we used 1.2-2 for
ltsp).

So the args in dhcpd.conf aren't getting passed to the kernel.

The only way I've found to get around this is to re-tag the kernel with
mknbi-linux.

You will need to download the ltsp_initrd_kit, and take a look at the
buildk script.
there's an example of a "--append" line that will add the commandline
options
to the tagged image.

I think that will take care of the problem.

Or, you could make a new bootrom with a newer version of Etherboot.

Jim McQuillan.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]