>  ERROR! No IO specified.
>         The NIC requires an IO=0xNNN entry on the kernel commandline.
>         This is setup in the /etc/dhcpd.conf file using option-129
>
>  Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!
>
>The server machine is RedHat 7.1 with dhcp-2.0pl5-4. I tried it with
>and without this two lines in /etc/dhcpd.conf:
>        option option-128     e4:45:74:68:00:00;
>        option option-129     "NIC=ne2k_pci IO=0x300";
>(By the way. Is my guess correct that ^^^^^this "NIC-name" corresponds
>to the kernel config option for the network card?)

If this card is really a ne2k-pci, or just a PCI card, it should not
require an IO address in the first place. The kernel finds the IO
address of PCI cards automatically. If LTSP requires it for a PCI card,
then it's a deficiency in LTSP.

Are you sure the DE528CT is a PCI NE2000 clone? What kernel driver would
you use for it normally?