Charlie Brown wrote:

>I'm about to try it myself. I'll be using a Pentium90 laptop w/16M, 3COM
>3C574-TX PCMCIA card,

I've successfully configured a boot floppy that worked with a 2.4.x
kernel and a 3Com 3C589 PCMCIA card.  I did not boot LTSP from them but
a root NFS install of RH 7.1 just to test out getting IrDA to work on
the laptops.

> SuSe 7.2 (on the server), and (obviously) a boot
>floppy instead of boot ROM. Here's what I'm thinking:
>1 Load a small Kernel from floppy
>2 Load PCMCIA module from floppy
>3 run DHCP
>4 run tftp and get *real* kernel
>5 switch to new kernel while keeping PCMCIA module -or- have PCMCIA compiled
>into the new kernel.
>This last one is the tough part.

Indeed.  Which project will allow you to do this, or how do you propose
to accomplish this feat?  I'd be very interested to know.  I am aware of
the LinuxBIOS project that will allow you to boot another kernel vs.
using the one burned into BIOS.

--
Jason A. Pattie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]