Or you can do like I did a long time ago and hack a custom version of
the kernel for those workstations which increases the minimum allocated
memory in 16-32MB RAM size from 4MB allocated (3MB realized) to 10MB
allocated (9MB realized).  It's in the agpgart.c/h files in the kernel
source.  Haven't looked at it in awhile though, so some of the details
may have changed.

--
Jason A. Pattie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]