Tarjei,

The XFree86 binaries are built from the standard sources
that I downloaded directly from ftp.xfree86.org.

The real  trick is getting them installed in the correct
place.

You need to build them with the standard locations, such
as /usr/X11R6 built into the sources, but then when you install
the binaries, you need them to go to /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/X11R6.

Eric Harrison showed me a neat trick for getting the binaries
into the correct location:

        make World >& world.log
        make DESTDIR=/opt/ltsp/i386/ install

I haven't tried this, but it looks like it would work.

As for Glibc, that also was compiled directly from the official
sources.  Installing the libraries was just a matter of moving the
libraries that I wanted into the /opt/ltsp/i386/lib directory, then
running ldconfig against that tree.

Hope that helps,
Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]