Win98 is probably using the hostname of the image for NETBIOS networking
and since one instance is already running with that name the second
instance is dying out.  I can't tell you a resolution for this problem
though, sorry.

--Donald

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Prolinux wrote:

> Any help from the list with my vmware/win98 problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hugo
>
>  --- David Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió: >
> Prolinux wrote:
> > >
> > > David,
> > >
> > > I am experimenting with vmware, ltsp and win98. I
> > set
> > > up a vmware virtual machine with win98 in
> > > non-persistent mode trying to share that read-only
> > > image trough ltsp clients. The problem I
> > encountered
> > > is setting up win98 network names, i use dhcp for
> > > setting workstation IPs, but i am getting an error
> > > saying that there is an "error loading protocol 0,
> > the
> > > name is in use by another machine" when booting
> > the
> > > second vmware machine using the same win98 image.
> > How
> > > did you resolve it?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your time,
> > >
> > > Hugo
> >
> > I don't recall.  I'll be in meetings all day today;
> > I will try to look
> > into this problem this evening.
> >
> > You might post your question to the LTSP Discussion
> > List; several people
> > there use VMware, and you may get a faster (or even
> > better) answer.
> >
> > Regards,
> > David

Donald Z. Cowart -- System Administrator
Children's Oncology Group -- Research Data Center
104 N. Main Street, Gainesville, Fl 32601
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       (G)AIM: slackfive