Jon Mardell wrote:

> thanks everyone for you replys but back to my original post i have to use
> microsoft office especially access because my solution 6 (accounting office
> management programm depends on it and they wont support it on anything else)
> aswell as myob and quickbooks, so people have mention wine, codeweavers
> plugin and win4lin which would be the best way to go
>
> thanks
> ps i agree that this list is better than any other support :-)

For replacements for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, I really don't think
you will find anything better than Open Office.  In my experience, it is
better than MS Office, particularly when it comes to dealing with forms
that are close to the size of a sheet of paper (Excel, in particular,
seems prone to problems in this regard).

Again, I think Open Office is easier to work with than MS Office.

For Solution 6, MYOB, and Quickbooks, I would recommend VMware.  You can
set up five or six virtual Windows machines that can be accessed from a
standard LTSP terminal; when you do this, the Windows desktop will show
up as in a window on the LTSP desktop, and you can run as many Windows
programs as you like.

Note that, in addition to the VMWare license, you must own Windows
licenses for each concurrent user.  However, you can have a single disk
image shared by as many users as necessary.

-David