Title: RE: [Ltsp-discuss] configuring Mozilla

Any hope of getting a copy of that script?

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Billson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 7:44 AM
To: LTSP Discuss
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] configuring Mozilla

Skip,
  FYI - I also use a wrapper script to start Mozilla since it has a bad
habit of crashing and leaving run-away processes.

When the patron starts Mozilla the script:

- Pops up a xmessage "Starting Browser, please wait" box to stop patrons
from double and triple clicking in the 10-15 seconds it takes Mozilla to
get going

- Checks for running mozilla and java processes under this user id

- If it finds any it uses xmessage to ask the user if they want to kill
them. We found the patron was often trying to open a 2nd window, not a
new session and we don't want to kill their current session if they
didn't mean to.

- If they click Yes we killall -9 the processes

Pete
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Services, Inc.