On Tuesday 21 May 2002 10:48 am, Alessandro Selli wrote:
>   I'n not sure if I'm getting correctly what you need but please check
> whether the following can help you.
>
>   You might create a puppet user, say "guest", on your system.  You log in
> as that user, configure Netscape and Mozilla the way you want your new
> users to find them when they first use the two applications, and then you
> copy the $HOME/.mozilla and $HOME/.netscape directories into /etc/skel.
> However, both Mozilla and Netscape might have some of their settings with
> the wrong user name in.  Better perform some tests before putting this in
> production.

Indeed you can't just copy the .mozilla directory. These are the files I've
had to edit/remove or whatever:

appreg - you need to make sure that the real user does not have an appreg file
in the .mozilla folder (delete it if it is there)

Cache directory - no point in copying it - a waste of time and space.

*.db sundry security files - don't copy

prefs.js may well have directory paths pointing into the puppet user's
.mozilla directory. I use sed to edit this file.

There may be more you need to do, but as of this morning this now works for
me!

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll