Julius,

As I said, "with otherwise proven software".  I take it
Sophos is a precompiled binary.  In that case, sure.  Your
underlying system libraries could have an effect,
especially the way Red Hat likes to play with versions of
glibc...  But in this case it was about the LTSP
distributed binaries running on an LTSP client.  The system
environment is proven.  The libs on the client have nothing
to do with the libs of the host OS on the LTSP server.  The
same LTSP binaries are running all over the planet without
segfaults.  Therefore, hardware...

Jason

> Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 21:22:21 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Julius Szelagiewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] segmentation fault
>
> Jason,
> try this for size: same physical machine, sophos
mailmonitor and
> antivirys package dies with segmentation fault under
rh7.3 and runs fine
> under rh7.2. i dare say it is the software, not the
hardware. julius

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Jason Bechtel wrote:
>> For me, seg. fault immediately implies hardware problem
(at
>> least with otherwise proven software). See below for
more