We are successfully using lts in a small school setting, and it works well.
I would like to allow the the students a very limited access to the
internet -- only a few sites; and the teachers greater access. They are all
using lts clients.  On my gateway (rh8.0, iptables, MASQUERADE) I can not
filter client ipaddress --say 192.168.0.11, etc-- I can filter only the
whole network (192.168.0.0/24) and the lts server (192.168.0.254).  I can
not seem to filter individual clients on the lts server either.  Where
should I filter -- the gateway (ppp0, eth0), or the lts server?

thanks much.

jcphill