> Hi,
> I'm using generic three-button wheel mice (PS/2) and the
> x_mouse_protocol (etc.) in lts.conf is:
>         X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "IMPS/2"
>         X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/psaux"
>         X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 400
>         X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3

I have always had problems with getting wheel mice to work. Of course
they were microsoft wheel mice so that may be my problem.

Do your above settings actually make the wheel work?

Have you tried the following?:

X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL    = "IMPS/2"
X_MOUSE_DEVICE      = "/dev/psaux"
X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION  = 400
X_MOUSE_BUTTONS     = 5
X_ZAxisMapping      = "4 5"

Also, if you search the mail archives for x_zaxismapping, you will
probably find alot of information...I think I recall some folks having
to specify a separate XF86Config file.

Worst case, if you can't get it to work properly, just set it up as a 2
or 3 button mouse using the PS/2 protocol.