Hello Stephan,

SB> Hello,
SB> I'm trying to run an old NC-Java station as a X-Terminal.
SB> The machine configuration is a little bit special:
SB> - Cyrix Pentium-S CPU
SB> - Built in AMD -PC-NET32 LAN (I can use this kernel modul to run the LAN)
SB> - No EPROM socket
SB> - BIOS-built in Java boot (can be disabled)
SB> - Non-Common FD connector
SB> - AT- Connector

SB> Because I can not make use of the FDC (special connector), I'm trying to use a
SB> image bootet from an old harddisk, to start the boot process. For this I
SB> downloaded from rom-o-matic a couple of images, created for lilo-boot.
SB> LILO is installed on the HD and running. The image is accepted by LILO but all
SB> images for the Lance NIC family fail.

SB> The only messages I get  from LILO is: Booting LTSPLANCE

SB> Thats is. No progress, no further information.

SB> Any help or idea is appreciated .

I miss the etherboot startup message and version no.
Try the floppy image, writing it to the harddisk mbr with dd
(e.g. if that drive is hanged to another linux box as /dev/hdc, try
"dd if=etherboot-5.0.x-lance.lzdsk of=/dev/hdc"). Does it at least
print a prompt?

As of your pci id problem; what does "lspci" say about that device?
You probably could change the etherboot source code (or even someone
could do for you) to also include another PCI ID. IMHO, the lspci
output is easier to read :-)

BTW, I don't know these Java stations. If they have PCI, you can spend
some 10 Euro per box and put some Realtek based NIC into them. Or find
out about the FD connector, perhaps somewhere on the net there is a
cabling diagram.

SB> Thanks

SB> Stephan

Viel Erfolg,

Anselm                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]