Hi Anslem,
thanks for your suggestions.
Well I'tried to boot the Lance Disk Image from a different hard disk, but it
failed also. The machine is hanging on the last BIOS message.
Unfortunately it is not possible to install any cards into this machine. There
are no available expansion slots.
But maybe I  have got some idea for the source of the problem. I made some
tests with grub. When I tried to use to boot the machine over network I got
the following message:
Found AMD Lance/ PCI
The PCI BIOS has not enabled this device.
Updating PCI command 0003 ->0007
After this the network card is working.

I suspect that the etherboot routine is hanging on enabling the card.

Stephan