On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, alvin wrote:

> have you taken a look at comserv. I ran it up and did a few simple tests
> on my Xyplex terminal server. It did not do what I wanted and I put it
> aside for later use.
>
> http://www.bsdhome.com/comserv/

Also, there is a package called termpkg
(http://www.linuxlots.com/~termpkg/). The problem with all these packages
are that they only uses simple pseduo ttys. This means that
ioctls/tcsetattr syscalls won't work (at least not with Linux 2.4; I've
heard that 2.6 fixes this).

To be able to "interpret" ioctl/tcsetattr correctly, one needs to use a
LD_PRELOAD:ed library. It's not pretty, but this is the best solution I've
found for current Linux distros. cyclades-serial-client is the only
package I've found which uses this approach.

--
Peter Åstrand           www.thinlinc.com
Cendio                  www.cendio.se