Jeffrey Altman wrote:

The reality is RFC is experimental and not authoritative. The only thing that really counts is what Cisco actually shipped in their IOS implementation. Lucky me I actually have a terminal
server that implements it. If you look at the C-Kermit sources you will see that the client is written to accept both values from the server. You will also find that Cisco does not send the baudrates as specified in the RFC but instead uses an enumeration.

True. But if I had been lucky and had a terminal server, I would not have written ser2net :).

So Cisco uses a enumeration? Do you think it is possible to make them compatible and do both in ser2net, or is it a non-issue?

With regards to the comment about the use of separate codes to indicate direction, this was written without a good understanding of the Telnet Option negotiation. The reality is that there is no need for a telnet protocol option to have separate commands for each direction as the option itself must be negotiated separately in each direction. Therefore, there is no possibility of confusion.

Also true. It seemed silly to have it this way.

-Corey