That would not help you. Its not simply a question of mapping escaping the IAC. You must be prepared to process and respond to telnet option negotiations during the file transfer. This is especially true with the Remote Com Port option since the host is likely to be sending flow control and signal status messages to the client.

This change really does need to be added to C-Kermit. Unfortunately, as I am no longer employed by Columbia to work on Kermit this is very very very low on my stack.

Jeffrey Altman

Corey Minyard wrote:

It would be fairly trivial to write such a program, though. You could pass it the actual program you want, and it could make the protocol transparent.

-Corey