From: Anthony M Simonelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 9:44:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] LTSP 5/code to bypass encryption of X

That makes sense, and is probably related to the last problem I'm
experiencing.  Before I was able to lock the session by clicking the log
out button and selecting 'Lock Screen'.  Now I get a message pop up
window saying:

"Error while running command
** Message:  Screensaver is not running!"

When I look at my .xsession-errors file, I find the following message:

"** (gnome-session:14557): WARNING **: Failed to authenticate with GDM"

The log out option works fine, but I get that .xsession-error entry
every time I click on the log out button (that's the event that triggers
it) and I get the pop up window above every time I click Lock Screen
(which tries to start gnome-screensaver but can't because it fails to
authenticate with GDM).  Is it related to not proxying X through ssh?
Is there a workaround I can try?