Hi,

If you are making a new install, its very simple!
Just install edubuntu!
And I also recommend  you to use Edubuntu DVD, that has all packages ans
will speed up the installation.
But, because a small bug in install script you must to run lts-update-keys.

Yes, LocalDev will work very well, but, only Gnome which is slow and memory
hungry), and ltsp5.0 in overrall is still slower than LTSP 4.2,
lts.confdon't work well, even if you change back to use nfs,
xorg.conf build does't work well too.

I really recommend to use old lts 4.2 with KDE.

Job

job at nupelia uem br