On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 5:34 AM, Keith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I did read the web-page you refer to but I don't have yum on the Ubuntu Hard
> machine. I have just learned to use apt-get and dpkg and not yum. And I
> can't seem to work out how to use them with Teacher Tools.
> Keith

I haven't tried installing on Ubuntu but the site does provide some
instructions here:
http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/installationother.html

I know that users on the K12LTSP list have been able to successfully
install the package on Ubuntu.  Maybe it is a matter of adding the
appropriate dag repositories?  Doesn't apt-get use rpm's?
Alternatively, search for the rpm's listed and manually install each
of them together with any dependencies if you can't locate them in a
ubuntu repository?  I had to compile the actual teachertool program
from source as I wanted the latest version. (0.62)

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins