Keith,

The instructions I followed are here:
http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/installation.html
when I installed 0.62.  Just make sure you install all the required
libraries via yum (or whatever package manager you use) which will
resolve dependencies.  I actually did not need to worry about the
instructions for setting vncts but you might.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Keith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Dave - I have downloaded TeacherTools as you suggested and untarred it
> (SEE BELOW). I've looked at the notes but can't seem to find how to install
> it. Forgive me, I am relatively new (but learning slowly). What next?
>
> Keith
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/TeacherTools/fl_teachertool-0.62# ls
> applered.xpm  fl_teachertool.conf  fl_ttmessage.cxx  INSTALL    lang_fr.h
> no-image.jpg  RELEASE-NOTES
> COPYING       fl_teachertool.cxx   HOST_INFO_FILE    lang_en.h  Makefile
> offline.jpg
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/etc/TeacherTools/fl_teachertool-0.62#
>

>>> 1. How can I, as the class teacher, type a message from my terminal and
>>> send
>>> it to all the children who are logged in to explain that they must logout
>>> in
>>> 5 minutes?
>>> 2. Another reason for requesting this is that we have teachers logged in