Hello Alkis,

thank you for pointing that out. Actually, both options exist. From
the lts.conf man page I figured that LDM_SESSION would be the one:
       LDM_SESSION
           string, default unset

           Used to chose the default session on the server.

       LDM_XSESSION
           string, default Xsession

           Allows you to specify custom script on the server for LDM to run,
           rather than the server's standard script for starting an X session
           (usually Xsession).

This reads as if the first option (no X) should do what I want. Can
you clarify what it actually does?
(And I will give the second option a try, of course...)

Thanks again,
regards,
Rüdiger

--