My opinion is that native software is always best. I had a Macintosh that actually had a complete PC card included and booted the Mac OS and Windows simultaneously. However it wasn't really satisfactory as the Windows system was still under control of the Macintosh operating system. As such it was often hard to know if a particular problem say with sound had to do with a problem within Windows, or actually the manner in which the Macintosh was addressing the Windows operating system.

Warren Togami wrote:

You gain a small amount of reliability and robustness with VMWare
snapshots, but otherwise I see very little value in running VMWare or
Win4Lin over plain Windows.  IMHO the cost is rather high and you lose a
significant amount of performance.

I currently recommend using Linux where it does the job well,
unfortunately this area with Windows proprietary applications it doesn't
yet.