In a message dated 10/18/03 5:26:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> is there any chance that you might send me the pic or make it available
> on the web? I have just looked at the reproductions of the ambassadors
> picture within my reach and was pretty convinced that the frets were
> single. However, closer scutiny reveals that the resolution is possibly
> not good enough

The National Gallery (London) has a full size poster of just the lute detail
from Holbein's Ambassadors.  Highly recommended!  Actually, the lute ends up
being slightly larger than actual size compared to the actual painting.

Kenneth Be
Cleveland, Ohio