This puzzles me. 10ths are not very different from thirds. Meantone
thirds are quite nice once the ear forgets about those too wide ET
thirds. If 10ths were significantly different, we'd have very false
octaves. E.g.: 10th c-e' sounds ugly, 3rd c'-e' sounds nice. Then the
octave c-c' must be out of tune, which is much easier to hear than a
not-so-perfect 3rd.
Or am I missing something?