From: Howard Posner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:51 PM
To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE] Re: vertical dyslexia?

On Wednesday, May 16, 2007, at 16:46 America/Los_Angeles, Bruno
Fournier wrote:

>  I went to see an optician and I had a pair of glasses made for
> my presbyopic condition , 2 years, ago, not realizing after paying a
> few 100$ that they were made for reading under normal arm extension.
> Even though I had told the optician that I found reading music
> difficult on a music stand.... So 200$ ( canadian ) down the tube....

You need progressive lenses (the next technological step after
bifocals) that allow you to focus at any length by looking through
different parts of the lens.  Mine well for everything except my 17"
computer screen, for which I use prescription "reading" lenses.