Denys Stephens wrote:

Just casually looking through the new images
this evening f.37v of the Libro Primo caught my eye -
in the bottom stave, 7th complete measure, the fourth event
looks like a very indistinct '2' and someone has faintly
added a 2 below the stave line, plus a '1' (or an extension
of the bar line).

You piqued my curiosity so I looked at the location in question. Only the top half of what is most probably a '2' appears to have been printed lightly. Below the staff someone has written in "2 ?" (an expert in epigraphy could probably tell you where/when it was written in).

--
Stephen Fryer
Lund Computer Services