Denys Stephens wrote:

Stephen Fryer is of course right in pointing out
that it's presumably the slight distortion of the pages
themselves that causes the stave lines to look distorted.
It seems clear from the Minkoff print that this distortion
was not evident in the photographs used to make their facsimile,
so the damage has occurred since then.

That depends on how the earlier pictures were taken. It might be that pressure was applied to the pages to force tham flat, which might be possible with the slight cockling involved. But then again, you could be right.

--
Stephen Fryer
Lund Computer Services