Very ineresting performance....
I think I would choose the theorbo over the archlute because of the
desire to keep the accompaniment a bit lower.
Also there are an awful lot of doublings of the harmony. I can't see
doing that.

But mainly, if I played this on the archlute, I would play the whole
piece, as a lute solo.
Why not?

There is  evidence for single strings historicallly, just not guitarry strings.
And of course double strings were much more common.
dt