On 3/15/2008, "igor ." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i agree !
> please do that, record your version and show to the italians you can do
> better and historically more accurate.

I am kind of allergic only of two points in this longish essay:

1) "show to the italians you can do better": To me this sounds
nationalistic, there is a sound of  "ethnic cleansing".
2) "historically more accurate": Sounds to me as "authenticity" - as
used some decades ago, and rejected one decade later...

I totally agree with David T's comments on the "mistakes" and better
alternatives, but I shudder when reading igor721's "early music
(nearly) facism(?)".

All the best,

Arto