On 3/16/2008, "igor ." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> They are Italians indeed ! What's wrong with that ?
> Except  for lute player who is as bad as my dead dog !
> One should play lute with no nails and double strung ! No other way !
> Barto, Valery ,  O'Dette , Shoskes,Tyler , Schall, Wikla use no nails
> watch their great performances on youtube and compare with the "italians"

Thanks Igor! I am really in a good company there!  :-)  Thanks really!
And really no nails.

But what do you think of our Banchieri:
  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7054543506483973843&hl=en

In this project I had strung my archlute by single strings. Now it has
double courses. To me there are only practical differences between the
two, no "no other ways". I do not feel like cheating... What works is
best?

And what is your comment of me using only the "synthetic" string
materials? Nylgut, "carbon", even nylon and even sometimes old Pyramid
wounds? Shouldn't it be only guts?

All the best,

Arto