Hello, Jim!

I live in a frigid climate in the winter (northern Minnesota), where
yesterday morning it was -22 Farenheit ( it would be much worse, if you
enter the wind chill factor).   I always have to have a humidifier
stoked.  In the winter, if I can keep it at 40% humidity, I am happy, and
my lutes also seem to be so.

Happy Holidays to you, and all!

ed

>   Also, on a completely different matter. When the outdoor weather= dips
>    below freezing and the humidity drops, I turn on my humidifier. I try=
>    to keep the humidity in the rooms where the lutes are above 40 percent.
>    Do= any of the luthiers or other experts know what the "ideal" humidity
>    is?
>    Cheers,
>
>    Jim

Edward Martin