I'll second that, Stewart.

We managed to have a read-thru a couple of years ago (sigh) and yes, it's great stuff. With each person highlighting their phrases as vocal parts it sounds a lot more like the "ensemble" music it really is than any solo lute reduction. Furthermore it takes on a big multitexture with lutes of different character/sizes/etc.

First read-throughs always have those "whoops-can-we-start-from-bar- such-n-such-again" moments but by the end of the session it makes so much sense --and satisfaction!

Sean