What I find most
   > shocking/surprising in this kind of music (as it is realised in
   modern
   > editions) is seeing what looks like a simple melodic line which, if
   it
   > were in 4/4 would be a simple as could be. But it's not on the the
   beat
   > at all! But there is a beat and some of the other parts may be
   playing
   > it - or not. (I can put up some juicy examples if anyone is
   interested)
   To all:
   The main problem with modern performers trying to read old music in
   modern editions is that musical phrases are disguised and truncated by
   bar lines, which said performers seem to need.  I have had to spend a
   good deal of time convincing good sight readers to ignore time
   signatures and bar lines in modern editions of old music.
   Best wishes,
   Ron Andrico
   www.mignarda.com

   Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. [1]Get it now.