Dear Roman and other dears,

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:23:21 -0400, "Roman Turovsky" wrote:
[...]
> I am for one is absolutely happy to use ET, and I use it exclusively.

Poor you... ;-) I guess you'll never get your ET absolute. Neither does
anyone else. We non ET's in our side neither are able to achieve the
optimum. But to us it is simplier: we know we cannot reach the "truth" to
every key - we just optimise the sound. To us non ET's there is no need to
make Eb sound like D#; But if just only that is what is needed, we can do
that easily while spoiling something else instead. I guess you know the
system, Roman? While you favorite one key, you spoil another. If you prefer
- let us say Schönberg's 12 tone music to - let us say JS Bach in his
tonalities - you should prefer also ET. If tonality is a message to you, I
would recommend non-ET to you.

Best,

Arto